Inspirational ideas and recipes
Serve J&D's Truffle Crisps with your favorite gourmet cheeses, cured meats and hor d'oeuvres; as a gourmet snack; or bushed with melted butter or olive oil as a side to a soup or main dish.
From our kitchen to yours, Buon Appetito!
Simple Serving Ideas
- Aged White Cheddar and Fresh Rosemary
- Goat or Pecorano Cheese with Honey or Mild Pepper Jelly
- Grilled Seasonal Vegetables
- Mozarella, Heriloom Tomatoes & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pesto, Thinly Sliced Radished and Sea Salt
Beef and Chive Creme Fraiche over Black Truffle Crisps
- J&D's Black Truffle Crisps
- Thinly sliced roast beef
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Creme freche (prepared)
- OR if making the creme fraiche from scratch: 2 cups heavy cream
- and 1 to 2 tablespoons cultured buttermilk
To make the creme fraiche, combine the buttermilk and cream in a saucepan and heat only to tepid (not more than 85 degrees on an instant reading thermometer). Pour into a clean glass jar. Partially cover and let stand at room temperature (between 65 and 75 degrees) for 8 to 24 hours, or until thickened. Stir and refrigerate at least 24 hours before using. The cream can keep about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Arrange J&D's Black Truffle Crisps on a serving tray. Place cuts of thinly sliced roast beef over each crisp. Stir chives to taste into the creme fraiche, and top each crisp and roast beef with a small dollop of creme fraiche.
Salami and Fennel on Black Truffle Crisps
- 24 J&D’s Black Truffle Crisps
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fronds
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3-5 ounces thinly sliced salami
In a medium bowl, toss together the fennel with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, top the Truffle Crisps with the salami and fennel mixture; sprinkle with the fennel fronds.
Shrimp and Fennel with Black Truffle Crisps
- 12 ounces cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, mayonnaise, tarragon, and lemon juice; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, top the Truffle Crisps with the shrimp mixture.
Shaved Brussel Sprouts and Parmesan on Black Truffle Crisps
- 30 J&D's Black Truffle Crisps
- 12 to 14 Large Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ C. Shaved parmesan
- 1 T. Lemon juice
- 6 T. Butter
- 2 T. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Use either a mandolin or chefs knife to slice each Brussels sprouts thin. Cut off the bottom stem and then slice thin. In a large sauté pan melt the butter and olive oil together over medium heat. Add the garlic, Brussels sprouts and cook for about two minutes. Take off the heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Add a light drizzle of the lemon juice and taste, then adjust until desired levels are achieved. Toss in the parmesan cheese and add more if desired.
To assemble, add about one heaping teaspoon of Brussels sprouts mixture to each Truffle Crisp and lay onto a serving platter of your choice. Serve room tempurature.